I can honestly say that I was as excited to go to Disney World as Miss A. It was truly magical to see it through the eyes of a my 4 year old. She was the perfect age to get to experience it. Disney really does know what they are doing with the ambiance from the minute you fly into the airport til the minute you leave the resort- you feel pampered and caught up in the spirit. Oh sure there were meltdowns (mainly Chris and Ken) but overall it was an absolutely wonderful vacation that I will always treasure.
The last time I had been to Disney World I was 13 and Tyler was 8. I loved it but I was a cynical teenager and didn't show my parents enough appreciation for how wonderful a trip it was. During this trip I was constantly texting my parents to talk about how wonderful it is for Ash and how much I appreciate all they did to take me there.
For Chris, taking Ash to Disney World was very special as he practically grew up in Florida and went to Disney all the time so he remembered a great deal more than me and was excited to show her his favorites.
Nana and Papa had been talking about taking Miss A to Disney World since before she could walk and we loved that they were there as well as they love the joy of watching her face and experiencing all the fun with their granddaughter. We owe a huge thank you to them as the trip was muy expensivo and we couldn't have done it without them! Thank goodness I also had a work conference where I was presenting in conjunction with the trip and was able to help with expenses a little through that!
Below are 1 million pictures of the fun! (terribly out of order as usual)

These are fake lions on the jungle safari ride - it was kind of funny to see as we had seen real lions the day before at Animal Kingdom - I remember thinking as a child that I wish the animals were real

It was September in Florida and it was HOT! Ash is holding the $18 spray fan that we all fought over. Papa is the stroller guide

Every chance I had, I captured more pics of the castle. Every time Ash watches a Disney Movie and the opening has the castle - she says "I really went there"

These are pics from the Nemo show - oh my it was Broadway play fabulous. This has been Miss A's favorite movie since she was 6 months old (yes we let her watch movies then)


On the way to the Cinderella dinner but supporting the Tech Red Raiders as they were playing at the same time

This picture may not look like anything but this is a picture of Maleficent at the Castle. Maleficent is the "bad lady" in Sleeping Beauty and Ash is absolutely obsessed with her. Thinks she is evil at it's finest and she was horrified to see Maleficent being mean to Mickey and Minnie in a show in front of Cinderella's castle. She was screaming at her and it was quite funny - Maleficent then disappeared in a cloud of smoke and Ash wanted nothing to do with the castle.




Our resort had a lake that I let Ash play in until I was told they had captured a huge alligator there recently - lovely


Ash was feeling very brave and went on the water slide at our hotel by herself and with her crazy momma!

Pluto was the 1st character Ash would touch or wave at - she was quite frightened of the masks at first

Ash would describe this picture as the Mountain where Papa got hurt. Papa was feeling rather spry and brave and rode Mt Everest with Chris. His back did not appreciate this and he experienced pain for many days afterwords










The castle would light up all different colors throughout the night - so cool and the last night it was all halloween themed with scary music


Can't wait to go again!










































3 comments:
Oh my, I am so excited to have a little girl! Looks like such a fun time!
What a wonderful magical family experience!
Wow! How much fun was all of that?! Looks like y'all had a blast and I'm so glad you had the opportunity to take Ash. What a special treat for her and for all of you!!!
Post a Comment