
In November I was cleaning house and lost the center stone out of my wedding ring. I was devastated. After 10.5 years on my hand - I felt naked! Yes, I looked everywhere - vacuumed, emptied the vacuum and dug in the bag, tore up the house - checked the dog poop - everywhere I tell ya (people give you too much advice on where they think it is) - so the stone was gone for good and I needed to replace it. Therefore we decided on a family trip to World Trade Market in Dallas in January hoping to get a good deal on a ring and getting to enjoy seeing our brothers and extended family in the meantime. I had not been to Market in 11 years - the last time I went was when I was engaged (coincidence?) and at that time I was there to buy cheap but cute goodies for our bridesmaids and groomsmen. Chris' mother, aunts and grandmother go twice a year, every year to look at all the latest home decor but due to graduate school - I was never able to join them. Oh lordy - did I wish I had stayed home - yes I had a beautiful ring designed but I exhausted my bank account on the most adorable clothes for Miss A! I was not a mommy last time and did not know the words "Sample Sale" - lordy the Fabulous Spring Fashions for my little Chicka! I drug Nana around for hours saying the words "That is sooo cute" Overall I had a wonderful day with GG, Tillie, Helen, Allie and Jamie and hope that my bank account allows a return trip in June for Fall and Winter fashions for my little diva! During my shopping adventure - Uncle Ryan, Blake and Daddy decided to fill little Miss A with loads of Sugar at Gattiland! Thanks!
During that weekend we also enjoyed staying with Tyler and Nikki and tearing up their lovely home as only a 4 year old can do! Ash loved playing with Max and using Tyler as a human jungle gym. We also had a wonderful dinner at Helen and Dean's house and enjoyed catching up with everyone!
Trips to Dallas are always jammed packed with family and we rarely get to see our friends but the main goal of a new ring (and lots of kiddo clothes) was accomplished!





1 comment:
Market sounds awesome!gLAD YOU FOUND A RING! lOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING IT! sORRY BOUT THE CAPS...
Post a Comment