Friday, January 9, 2015

Alexan's 1st Week

There will be many things that Alexan can say over the years where I messed up or failed as a mother. But this child will never be able to say we didn't love her or take enough pictures of her! I have captured every expression, sneeze and cuddle as I know she is our last baby. As a mother of an 8 year old, I now know how fast time flies and I want to savor every single moment. 

Alexan's first week home was so wonderful. My hospital stay was great, complete with a massage and wonderful friends and family visiting. Her first week home Nana helped me a great deal and I actually was able to rest. My body bounced back much quicker (not the weight loss, but the pain) and this made for a better attitude for me overall. 

We have the most amazing friends and family who have showered us with love for our daughters. From two baby showers, to mothers and mother-in-laws cooking, laundry and cleaning and letting me sleep, to brother-in-laws taking big sister to school, to non-maternity gifts for momma, to meal calendars planned and many gifts for big sister, to a friend spending 4 hours taking newborn photos and lots and lots of baby holding - the list goes on and on - what an wonderful first week it has been to welcome Alexan into the world! ( no names have been given so as not to leave anyone out) Very thankful!

As always I had my village of helpers but this time I also had Ashton and she is just a rockstar. So confident in the fact that she knows what is best for her sister. My transition overall felt so much calmer as this time around any hiccup or difficulty, I knew was just a phase and would soon get easier. I was already a mom therefore it had been 8 years since I had had my own schedule so this change was not as earthshattering.  Chris was amazing as usual taking care of me and keeping Ashton busy while Miss Lex nursed round the clock. Overall, I would say her 1st week home was a success! We love our little bundle.
































































No comments: