Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ashton's 1st Haircut



Little Miss A had her 1st haircut on Friday evening in Marble Falls. (Please note the camo coverup that I am sporting~ this was the fabulous country salon that I love that I knew would not overwhelm my drama queen.) The places that are designed for children are way too overstimulating and crowded for our current fearful Ash. We have been so nervous to cut her hair for fear that all the curls will go away (we being Chris). However, we could wait no longer as she was sporting a mullet rat tail fro that needed shaped and given love. So... we all loaded up, Mimi, Nana, Daddy, Mommy & GG was in town too. Daddy was absolutely no help in easing Miss A's fears as he was whispering in her ear that she didn't have to do this if she didn't want to. So... we kicked him out the minute she got in the chair. As much as I am making him sound horrible, I have to say that I really couldn't love him more because he genuinely had tears in his eyes with the thought of cutting her hair. See, sweet Daddy wants absolutely no part of Ash growing up. It horrifies him. She is his princess and she has him so wrapped and haircuts and potty training and big girl beds equal a world that he is not ready for her to experience. But... it had to be done.

And, after Miss A realized that there were mirrors and a sucker and everyone focused on her then she sat up big and tall and away Linda chopped. Truthfully you can barely tell that it was cut because Linda felt fearful of the wrath of Daddy but we have the milestone documented either way! Quite an exciting Friday night in November in the Hill Country!

5 comments:

Abby Ed said...

So, the curls are safe, just shorter? Where is a picture of the final product??

Anonymous said...

What a big girl! Ashton did a good job! Evan's never sat in my lap- I thought I'd get hair all over me. I didn't realize I'd get the cover up!

Emily said...

We need an "after" photo. I can't imagine those curls shorter. I bet she looks absolutely adorable.

Somer Jaynes said...

so are those pictures the before or after shots?????

Hill Country Happenings said...

truthfully only her mother can tell a difference in the hair cut as I am the one that fights her hair every morning - no one else will be able to tell - therefore there is not an "after" pic

I am not brave enough to cut more ~ yet