
I have been a hunting widow for many many years now. In our early days of dating and marriage, I often accompanied Chris on his hunting trips as I had with my father for many years. I truly love being out in the wilderness and enjoy getting away from schedules and traffic. But over the last few years, with graduate school, pregnancy and a baby, I have chosen to stay home where it is warm and I only have to get up at the crack of dawn for a toddler instead of a deer.
So, weekends in November and December, Chris is often off to the deer lease and it will probably be at least 2 more years until Miss A and I join to the fun. She will not be going with him as he does not have a luxurious cabin for which she can stay and well... she can only whisper in the deer blind for about 1 minute before bursting out into song or dance. The whole staying quiet aspect just escapes her. But, when the time comes, I know she will be ready as you can see in the picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment