Friday, November 21, 2008

Nicole and the no good horrible very bad day~

So the one afternoon that I actually get off early and schedule a fun playdate for Miss A... I get in a wreck. Yes, we are fine. We are totally ok but I will tell you that there is nothing like rear ending a car and praying that your baby is alright. If it was just me... no big deal but I was terrified that Ash was hurt - which she was not just a little scared. I love Britax car seats!

Austin weekend traffic is terrible and it starts on Thursday afternoon and doesn't end until well~ it never ends. So at 3pm on a Friday ~ I should have just stayed in my little town of Dripping. But no, I branched out to meet Cortney and Kate and Mopac (Loop 1) did us in. We ran into the back of a silver minivan and thank GOD, everyone was ok.

Eight years ago this month, I had my roll-over wreck on I-35 in the rain and I think about it all the time now that I work on a daily basis with individuals that have had a brain injury. 85% of our residents at CORE are victims of a motor vehicle accident. Thank you lord today that Ashton and I were not harmed and the 2 women in the car I hit were ok. I love my sweet baby so much and it truly scared me to death! It wasn't a bad enough wreck that my life flashed before me but because of the work I do, I see catastrophic injuries on a daily basis and I don't take my health lightly. Cancer, Child Abuse, Kidney Disease and now Brain Injuries ~ I haven't exactly ever had a light hearted career.

I also want to thank Cortney so very much for coming to get Ashton and calming me as my second biggest fear is to be hit on the side of the road when pulled over on the shoulder. Miss A was sooo happy to see Kate and they greatly enjoyed talking to the motorcycle cops and watching the flashing lights.

Sooo much for Christmas presents for anyone, I will be paying for car repairs ~ ugh.

Everyone please drive safe this holiday season and otherwise ~ its a jungle out there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! So glad you two are OK! As many times as I drove up & down Mopac I was very lucky to not have had any wrecks. I'm so sorry that happened. Love you!

Abby Ed said...

I am so glad everyone is alright. I hate wrecks. Well, then again, doesn't everyone? You can hand make my Christmas gift, it's the thought that counts! Kidding...I hope I made you laugh just a bit!

Emily said...

I am so glad that no one was hurt. God was definitely watching over each and everyone. We all need to be careful.

Mary Alice said...

I'm sorry I couldn't talk long on Saturday. I thought about you all evening on Friday, but didn't want to bother you after the traumatic afternoon. We are so glad no one was hurt.