As most of you know, Ashton is a horrible sleeper, always has been not matter what I try and I complain about it all the time but have mostly resigned myself to the world of the sleep deprived.
After Ash threw up on Monday night (from the stomach bug), I haven't let her have milk the last 2 days - she slept through the night for the last 2 nights for the 1st time in a very very long time. Previously she drinks a ton of milk right before bed and sometimes still in the middle of the night because she begs for it.
I am starting to be convinced that Ashton's sleep problems are related to a milk or other food allergy that doesn't affect her during the day but does at night. She had to be on the Nutramigen expensive formula due to colic but appeared to "grow out of it" and switched to whole milk just fine but now I am not so sure.
Here are a few articles I was reading:
http://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/baby/child-diet-awake
http://www.fedupwithfoodadditives.info/factsheets/Factsleep.htm
AHHHH! this is so frustrating that I have been to 4 pediatricians and this last one is the 1st one that even mentioned possible Milk protein allergy when I begged and begged for a sleep study. All the others said nothing more than "she will grow out of it" regarding her night waking and night terrors
Any thoughts are appreciated if you have been down this road!
No comments:
Post a Comment