

This blog is 99.9% about Ashton. However one of the things that I pray that Ashton will have is wonderful neighbors. Neighbors know everything about you and they support you as you experience life's ups and downs.
I grew up in the same house for the 1st 17 years of my life. 95th Street was full of great families and some of my very best lifelong friends. Tyler and I spent all of our summers, evenings and weekends with Heath, Amy, Brandon, Ryan, Monica, Michelle, Sheila, Christine, Shane, Brittany, Angela, Mark, Steven, Brent, Niki, Jeff, Kimberly & Courtney. We played a million hours in each other's houses, backyards and often in our front yard for block parties. We had water balloon fights, played TV tag, touch football, swam in Jim Boen's pool, celebrated birthdays, and begged our parents for just one more hour outside all together. (Neighbors, ~ I am I leaving anything out? - any Heath or neighborhood stories are appreciated)
Sadly, one of these special wonderful neighbors committed suicide on Wednesday. Heath was 26 years old. 4 years younger than me and 2 years older than Tyler. Tyler idolized Heath. They were inseparable for many many years. Heath practically lived at our house. He went on vacation with us multiple times, he and Tyler played endless hours of baseball, football and basketball together in addition to Nintendo and Sega games. I baby sat he and his sister more times than I could ever count and his mother frequently cut my hair. Heath could drive me insane with his endless questions and his desire to teach Tyler crazy antics and defy my "older sister bossiness". He was a little brother to me for the 1st 13 years of his life.
My heart hurts so very much for his family. His mother Karen, father Robert & sister Amanda are wonderful people and I pray that God will be with them and hold them so very close because they are really going to need it. It has made our neighborhood come back together again like we haven't in years talking of memories. Most of us have moved but some are 95th Street lifers.
Here is a link to Heath's memorial.
http://memorialdesigners.net/
It reflects his years age 15 and up more than his childhood but luckily I have a great memory and can picture all the wonderful times that we shared with Heath as he grew from a sweet Toddler to a rowdy little boy to a gawky cute teenager.
We will miss you Heath. Know you are loved.
This tragedy has made me hug my family a little tighter and pray a little harder. Happy Halloween.
2 comments:
Very nice story. I remember so many times at your house on 95th watching Heath & Tyler hanging out together. Suicide hurts worse for those left behind and eventually time heals some, but not all. This was a tragedy. Abby remembers Heath as so sweet & funny. I hope the Stewart family has lots of support during these next days, weeks, months.....
Well said, Nicole. I also have such great memories of Heath as a great person who always made everyone feel welcome. He was such a breath of fresh air from the regular college guys we hung out with (you know what I mean). Kind, genuine, funny, and always smiling are just a few qualities I can list about such an amazing person. He gave great hugs. I will always picture his smile that is etched into my mind as one of the smiles that I always loved seeing. It just made you feel warm and ok. We'll miss you Heath.
Post a Comment